How to Change Name in Tinder [2023 Update]
Your Tinder display name plays a vital role just like your profile picture for getting a match. People often ignore someone’s profile if their display name is weird to call or uneasy to look at.
You can change your Tinder profile name if it’s showing a bad reputation in your account. But editing the name on Tinder is not as easy as you think.
It’s a hectic process that involves updating your different accounts out of Tinder such as Google, Facebook, or more.
But we have explained the most straightforward way to do it in this article.
How to Change Name on Tinder?
Users can sign up on Tinder using their Google account, Facebook, and Phone number. Once you enter your display name then you can’t edit it later on from your account profile since there is no such option to do that.
However, you can add a new name by changing the name of the account which you used for creating Tinder at first.
How to Change Display Name in Tinder Using Facebook?
- Open the Facebook app on your mobile.
- Login to your account if it asked for it.
- Tap on the three Lines in the top-right corner of the display.
- Tap on the “Settings & Privacy”.
- Tap on “Settings” button to access your Facebook account settings.
- Select “Personal and account information” option.
- Tap on your name that is displayed on the screen.
- Erase your current First name, Middle name, and Surname.
- Tap on “Review Change” to save it.
Remember, you can only change your Facebook name every 60 days ( 2 months).
How to Edit Tinder Profile Name Using Google?
- Open Google app.
- Tap on your Bitmoji profile from top-right side.
- Tap on “Manage your Google Account” button.
- Tap on “Personal Info” tab.
- Select your current name under the Basic info section.
- Tap on pencil icon from the right side.
- Edit your Google display name.
- Tap on “Save” button bottom below.
How to Change Your Tinder Name With Phone Number?
- Open Tinder app.
- Tap on person icon from bottom right corner.
- Tap on settings icon.
- Tap on “Logout” button.
- Select “Sign In with Phone Number” button.
- Type new mobile number that is not previously registered with Tinder.
- Set up a new profile name.
How to Change Your Name on Tinder Without Deleting Account?
Deleting the Tinder account will wipe out everything permanently which you can’t retrieve it back again.
If you don’t want to lose your current Tinder then create a new account and use a new name for it.
For that, you can log in with Facebook, your number, email, or Google. Once a new account is created then you can start swiping people’s profiles.
One thing you have to keep in mind is that this will be your completely new Tinder profile where you can’t find your matched people or the profile of another account.
If you wish to talk to your matches then you can switch accounts any time you want.
Why Can’t I Change My Name on Tinder?
You can’t change your name on Tinder if your account is registered with a phone number. In that case, you must have to delete your Tinder and create a different one using other sign-up methods.
Besides, there are also other reasons such as,
- Weak internet connection
- Server shut down
- Multiple Tinder accounts
So this is how you change name in Tinder using various methods. I hope you followed the correct steps and reached to your destination. If you want to see more Tinder-related help then follow howtocapital.com.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Does Tinder Show Your Full Name?
Yes, Tinder will display the full name which you’ve used in your account whether it's short or full.
Why Can’t I Edit My Tinder Profile?
You can’t edit your Tinder profile if you are using its free version.
How Do You Know What Your Tinder Name Is?
You can check your Tinder name under your profile picture.
Why Would Someone Use a Different Name on Tinder?
People often use fake names on Tinder to become anonymous and hide their original identity.